Run a search online, and it will throw up lots of holiday rental properties around Fethiye. But how do you know which is best for you? And what are the things to consider when booking a holiday home in Fethiye?
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN RENTING A HOLIDAY HOME IN FETHIYE.
Before booking a rental holiday home in Fethiye, research its location. Fethiye is one of the Turkish coasts most popular tourist regions with a resort or village suiting most tastes and budgets. The majority of Angel Homes holiday rentals are located in Hisaronu, Ovacik and Calis, all popular resorts with a wide range of bars, restaurants, shops and activities on offer. Each resort is, however, different.
- Hisaronu is the most lively resort in the region. It’s a relatively small hillside resort with the majority of the centre taken up with shops, bars, restaurants and hotels. It’s the closest residential area to Oludeniz beach and lagoon, just 10 minutes away. Hisaronu is, therefore, a prime location for those looking for self-catering apartments and villas within a bus ride from the beach. The closer you get to the resort centre, the higher the rental price tends to be. It’s an ideal location for families or anyone that wants access to the party life on offer.
- Ovacik is Hisaronu’s quiet neighbour and mostly residential. Parts of the resort stretch into the hills or down into the valley and some properties can be a little walk from the main road. Properties for rent in Ovacik tend to be reasonably priced and substantial, most within easy reach of the transport links to Hisaronu, Oludeniz and Fethiye town. Ovacik is an excellent choice for larger groups looking for affordable modern villas or apartments to rent in an area.
- Calis is located the other side of Fethiye town and is famed for its sunset and beach. It lies at sea level so tends to be a few degrees warmer during the summer months. The resort’s centre stretches along the beachfront where plenty of bars and restaurants can be found. The area is flat so great for those with mobility issues, and there is a wide range of rental accommodation available in the area.
Before booking any villa or apartment, please research the location and speak to us if you want to know more about the area and properties available for rent in Fethiye.
2. MANAGE YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND LOOK AT WHAT THE RENTAL PROPERTY INCLUDES.
When browsing rental listings, do consider what you will need to use in the rental property.
- The kitchen is known as the “heart of a home” for a good reason, and people often choose to rent a holiday property because they want to make use of a kitchen. To have the option to buy local ingredients and prepare meals does save money. A kitchen is also great for those with kids as not only can you feed them the dishes you know they love to eat, but you can also curb their spending on sodas and ice creams at the hotel bar. Some rental kitchens are better than others, and often budget apartments may simply have a two-burner hob and half fridge. If you’re looking to rustle up a feast, check the kitchen facilities listed to avoid disappointment.
- A pool is a necessity for many that want to rent a holiday home in Turkey. Apartments tend to share a pool, garden and communal facilities, and the vast majority of villas we represent do have private pools. But it is also possible to hire villas on complexes with shared facilities – this may not provide you with the same level of privacy, but it can work out more cost-effective and be a happy medium if you’re on a tight budget.
- Bedrooms and bathrooms. It may be obvious, but do consider the number of guests and the maximum sleeping capacity stated on the rental listing. All properties for rent via Angel Homes specify a maximum occupancy set by the owner. If you can’t see a property suited to the size of your group, please contact us for assistance.
3. CONSIDER DEPOSITS AND ADDITIONAL FEES.
Damage Deposits. Most rental holiday homes in Fethiye require you to pay a damage deposit in advance which is refunded at the end of the stay providing no mishaps have occurred. The cost of this deposit varies depending on the size of the property and whats included. Ask for more details.
Cleaning fees. All Angel Homes rental villas and apartments are thoroughly cleaned before arrival, and a mid-stay clean is offered to those staying 14 days or more. Additional cleans can easily be arranged for an extra cost.
4. USE A FULLY REGISTERED RENTAL AGENT
The owners of rental villas and apartments in Turkey need to make sure their properties comply with legal requirements, so it’s essential to make sure any holiday property you rent adheres to regulations. The best way to do this is via a fully registered agent. Angel Homes not only deal in holiday home rentals in Fethiye, we also design and build villas and apartments in the region. The Angels rental team ensure all properties listed are fully compliant with current regulations and our team are always on hand to assist with any problems that may arise.
PURCHASING A HOLIDAY HOME IN FETHIYE.
If you are considering investing in a buy to let property in Fethiye, please contact us. We have many villas and apartments for sale in Hisaronu, Ovacik, and Calis ideal for the rental market. For anyone with pounds, dollars or euros in their pockets, current exchange rates are excellent and make many properties outstanding value for money. With apartments for sale in Fethiye from as little as £32,000, and villas in Ovacik for sale from just £130,000 – a property in Turkey may be far more affordable than you think!